About Me

My photo
Rooted in God's Word; Empowered by God's Spirit; Engaged in God's World.

Sunday 2 January 2011

Our God is BIGGER!


Hi There,
We are currently staying in a small country cottage on a farm about 6-8 miles outside Nelspruit in South Africa. The scenery is beautiful and the setting is exceptionally quiet. We are so ready for some 'timeout.' Our time here will be short-lived as our booking is just for 3 nights though we pray that we will be able to rest and relax a little. I love this place as it reminds me of the countryside where I grew up! How can you miss something unless you are without it? I have missed the vastness and freedom of the countryside. The freedom to go for a ramble, a stroll or a jog in God's garden! I went for a jog tonight after the twins (and Sharon!) had gone to sleep! Amid the peacefulness I couldn't help but hear the chorus of umpteen birds, insects and frogs in God's 24/7 orchestra! Each testifying to the goodness of our Creator God. As I listened, I couldn't help but look up to vast array of shining stars, each testifying to God's greatness!

After a very busy 2010, it has been good to have a brief opportunity to stop and listen, to stop and look up! The things that have concern me and filled my thoughts over recent times 'grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace!' Praise God, He is bigger than everything and anything I can imagine! I encourage you to stop and listen, to stop and look up! We want to wish you a blessed 2011 filled with God's goodness!

3 comments:

jem said...

Praying for you all as you enter 2011.
Jeff & Jemma

nik said...

happy new year to u all. enjoy ur stay. it looks amazing and i pray u get the rest u all deserve. God bless xo

Unknown said...

Hope you have had a good rest

Beautiful part of the country - God's creation is so wonderful.

God Bless