About Me

My photo
Rooted in God's Word; Empowered by God's Spirit; Engaged in God's World.

Sunday 26 February 2012

Disciple means 'Learner'

Preparations ...


God willing, on Wednesday 29th February, we welcome a new family to your team! Paulo, Fernanda, Laura and Luana Almeida are coming from Brasil. Over the last couple of weeks we have been doing some renovations to the house where they will stay! Abigail wanted to help by pushing the pins into the pin cushion!

Missão Integral

Sharon and I continue to teach each Monday from 8am until 12.15pm. While we strive to teach the students we are very aware of how much there is for us to learn also. The experience stretches us spiritually and challenges us to intentionally continue as learners, especially in the area of the portuguese language! Praise God for the students. Pray for them as they continue to search the scriptures and seek His perfect Will for their lives and ministry.


Hide and Seek!

For months now I have been following a process with the Municipal Council to have all the necessary legal paperwork prepared for the purchase of the new compound at Boa Nova. Every time I go to check on progress I pray for patience and more patience! Twice in the last 12 months, the file relating to our property has gone missing! The likelihood is that it is sitting exactly where the last guy left it but that doesn't help us too much ... it isn't where it ought to be! When I was informed that the file was lost, I was asked what I would do about it so I responded with the question 'would it be possible that the file was given to me at any point?' and they said 'no, absolutely not, the file never leaves our office!' This left me wondering what was meant by their question ... let me hazard a guess ... might it be that the overarching motivation was to have another, someone else carry the responsibility? If I were to carry the responsibility then they would be free of it! On my next visit, I asked if they had any success in finding it, and the guy said 'who have you asked? have you been to each department to see if they might have it?' Yes, yes, yes, I was being asked to go search within premises not my own for a file not my own! Something I never had to lose! Anyway, regardless of culture, pray for the 'appearing' of this file!

Literacy!


This is Fatima. She is a really precious Christian lady who goes to the Chamancolo church. She has a real heart for children and desires to teach them God's Word. However she lived through the era in Mozambique where many people did not have an opportunity to go to school due to the civil war and ensuing destruction of schools etc. She is coming to our house once a week when Sharon is doing a Christian literacy course with her. This is such a mutual blessing as Sharon is learning a lot and Fatima is also learning to read using the Bible. Please pray for her continued growth.

Countdown!

We are starting to count the weeks until Sharon's due date (30th March)! She is doing well though the hot weather saps her energy quickly! God willing I will take Sharon, Joshua and Abigail with our house helper, Naomi to Nelspruit, South Africa on 16th March. Praise God, we have been blessed to find an affordable nice place to stay close to the hospital. I plan to return to Mozambique for the following week to be involved in ministry. Please pray for safe travels, health and a timely safe delivery!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love reading your guy's blog. The kids are getting so big and I can't wait to see you all in April! Praying for you all :)